Tuesday, 22 November 2011
Energy Conservation – Test your awareness
These days, saving energy is everybody’s business. See the light blog provides one and all a chance to share thoughts about how to save energy and help the atmosphere. When it comes to energy saving – each one of us has a different idea & perception on conservation. So we decided to plan up a short electricity conservation quiz.
Test your energy efficiency knowledge by taking our quiz:
1) Which uses the most energy in homes each year?
b. Heating and cooling
c. Water heater
d. Light bulbs
2) What temperature should your refrigerator be at to ensure safety and efficient operations?
3) A Compact Fluorescent Light bulb uses ___% less energy than a typical incandescent bulb.
4) An electrically heated house has to be better insulated than a home heated with oil or gas. True or False
5) How long does it take for a 100-watt light bulb to consumer 100 watts of energy?
a. 1 minute
b. 1 hour
c. 24 hours
6) The cost of heating water for you home may amount to as much as what percent of your entire utility bill?
7) What label is a sign of energy efficient appliances and homes?
8) A cell phone charger is using electricity when it’s plugged in but not charging the phone. True or False?
9) Turn off computers when not in use. Did you know that a laptop uses __% less energy than a typical desktop?
Leave your answers as comments below.Answers to this quiz will be posted in our next post… Good Luck!