- Unwelded flat steel material or in some cases asbestos cement is used to manufacture exhaust pipes.
- The exhaust pipe should discharge gas to a safe area and there should be a protective cap at the end of the pipe to prevent entry of rainwater.
- If the exhaust pipe, passes through a wall, it should be thermally
insulated to prevent heat escaping into the wall.
- When the pipe is connected to the generator, it should be sealed to prevent leakage. It will be a good practice to place a condenser with a socket at the bottom of the pipe.
- To avoid damage to other components, the connection between the exhaust outlet and the pipeline should use elastic hoses.
- If there is a need for a longer exhaust pipe, an expansion joint of an elastic sealing element should be installed.
- Always use smooth bends and keep number of bends minimum.
- Calculate the total equivalent length of the exhaust piping and accordingly increase the diameter of the pipe. (From 5 to 15 meters, increase inner diameter by 20%. From 15 to 25 meters, increase inner diameter by 40%).
- It is recommended that the exhaust pipe should be installed away from the air filter of the diesel generator engine to prevent the machine from absorbing hot air.